17 Sep 2012
As summer winds down and fall approaches, it becomes time to get close with your closet once more. If you are a seasonal wardrobe swapper or happened to follow our Seasonal Closet Change blog post then performing your garment switch should be a breeze (if not, click here for some quick clues on how to clean up your closet.) But, what if in the process of pulling out your fall collection, you realize that last years threads are so… last year? Here are some suggestions on how to be efficiently fashionable this fall.
Organize your wardrobe by texture (knits and leathers are in this season), weight/warmth (heavier, heat inducing materials on one end and light, breezy materials on the other; so you know what to grab if it’s particularly chilly one morning) and then by color within your weight/texture sections. Play it safe with traditional base colors that tend to stay in style from year to year or spice it up with this season’s warm and cool colors.
Unsure of what to give away? The O.C.D. Experience has some helpful tips for you!
1. When was the last time you wore it? If it’s been over two years it’s time to give it away.
2. After you go shopping it’s always a good idea to clean out your closet and sift through the things you haven’t worn in a while.
3. How long have you had it for? If you’re debating on keeping a raggedy old black t-shirt with holes in it that you’ve had forever, it’s time to give it up. You will find another one.
4. Is this thing something you wear or use a lot? If not, ask yourself if it is really worth keeping.
5. If you think twice about it, give it away.
Once you have gone through this process it is time to organize The O.C.D. Way! Grab all new hangers (if you have the budget) and start organizing.
I you have a closet that you need help tackling, email us at email@example.com! We want to help!